We’ve heard from our friends, colleagues and stakeholders that they want more information about the oil sands and industry’s performance, especially given public concern and media attention. The posts on this blog are about development of this resource, including its environmental impacts and/or economic and social implications.
While we recognize that actions speak louder than words and that we must do a better job in terms of our environmental performance, we know that in the absence of facts, people may assume many of the recent criticisms about the industry as true.
As the company with the greatest production in the oil sands, we are taking the approach that we need to do a much better job of sharing information. And that’s why we’re pleased to offer the Oil Sands Question and Response, or OSQAR, blog to support constructive dialogue about the oil sands.
About Our Bloggers
The OSQAR blog is written by members of the Suncor Energy corporate communications and sustainability teams.
The OSQAR blog has been developed to participate in a conversation about the responsible development of the Canadian oil sands. The following participation guidelines apply to those who choose to use this site as a forum to discuss these topics. By using this site and submitting a comment, you agree to the terms and conditions of these participation guidelines as noted below.
- Suncor Energy reserves the right to not post a comment or respond to a comment.
- All comments will be reviewed before posting and we will endeavour to post appropriate comments within a timely manner. We will not post any comments that are classified as spam or which contain offensive, hateful and/or defamatory language.
- Comments should not contain profanity. Please refrain from strong language.
- Stay on-topic. Comments must relate in some way to the post on which you are commenting.
- We will not aggregate comments. All posted comments will be shown separately and not as one.
- We will endeavour to respond to appropriate comments. That may include a posting that responds to a number of comments or questions on a similar subject. We note that if the question is very specific, we may require additional time to investigate and respond.
- Users are free to post comments on either site in French or English, as long as they comply with our participation guidelines. In order to respect the original intent of comments made on the blogs, we will not translate comments posted by users of the site.
- Suncor Energy is a publicly-traded company, operating in a regulated industry. Therefore, comments pertaining to any ongoing legal matters or regulatory issues specific to Suncor Energy will not be posted. Information about our policies concerning content ownership and privacy as well as our responsibility for the accuracy of comments posted on this site can be found in the Legal & Privacy section of our Suncor website, Suncor.com.
- Comments or opinions expressed on the blog come from members of the public and are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed by outside contributors do not necessarily represent the views of Suncor Energy, its management or employees. Suncor Energy does not endorse, or approve of their content. Suncor Energy is not responsible and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by outside contributors to the blog.
- Any comments or queries relating to specific issues, particularly those beyond the scope of the blog discussions, should be directed to the channels available from the Contact Us section of our website, Suncor.com, rather than being raised within the comments section of a blog post.
- Complete details of Suncor's Social media participation guidelines can be found at http://www.suncor.com/en/newsroom/4093.aspx